Tourism in Valras
Top 10 things to see and do in Valras
- The urban beach : accessible to people with reduced mobility, supervised, it is also equipped with beach clubs and lined with numerous shops. Animations are proposed there in summer for young and old.
- The seafront promenade : along the 4 kilometres of beach, it offers a pleasant place to walk and stroll between the shops and summer facilities. It is punctuated by great works of art, such as an open-air museum.
- Halls and market : the ideal place to stock up on local seasonal products, especially seafood products arriving directly from the market. In summer, the market extends over the port.
- The casino : slot machines, English roulette, blackjack tables, but also concerts and shows, all facing the sea.
- The casino rides : from Easter holidays until September, the waterfront on the casino side is alive with rides, games of skill and duck fishing to entertain all ages.
- The Theatre of the Sea : an auditorium that hosts concerts, shows for young people and many summer activities.
- La grande foire : on the parking lot of the Théâtre de la Mer, it is open every day during the season from 3 p.m. in the afternoons until 1 a.m.
- The Model Palace is a 200 square meter toy museum that presents worlds created in Lego building bricks, some of which are listed in the Guinness Book of Records.
- The marina : a very pleasant place to simply walk around and admire the fishing and pleasure boats, the port of Valras is also the starting point for many water sports activities. Boats and jet skis can be rented here.
- The shuttle of Lily passeur : from the port of Valras, it allows to cross the Orb river to reach the preserved natural space of the Orpellières.
Presentation of Valras
A charming seaside resort inseparable from Béziers, Valras is also a former fishing village, which has preserved a seductive authenticity. Its supervised and well-kept beaches make the happiness of local families as well as holidaymakers.
Lined with shops, bars and restaurants, they are always lively. Lovers of wide open spaces and nature will fall under the spell of the protected area of Orpellières, which can be reached simply by crossing the Orb with the ferryman’s shuttle.
The port de plaisance is an ideal place to stroll, but also the starting point for many water activities and boat trips. The harmony of the architecture in Valras, with its old market halls, its Belle Époque houses and its contemporary casino, is appreciated. The camping in Valras invites you to stay a stone’s throw from the heart of the resort of Valras, right on the beach.
Valras beach in summer
Considered as the beach of Béziers, the resort of Valras is particularly lively in summer.
It is ideal for spending family holidays with children, but also offers many leisure activities for couples and groups of friends. You can practice nautical sports, entertain the youngest with parades and shows, but also enjoy beautiful evenings at the fairgrounds, around the stalls of a night market or concerts.
Free animations are proposed on the beach to entertain and gather all generations : from sand castles contest to fitness classes, each one finds his happiness !